What is MomCare?
MomCare is a program that provides assistance to help you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. It is sponsored by the Florida Department of Health (DOH) and Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA).
How will it help you?
- When you find out that you are pregnant, you may have these questions:
- What do I do?
- Where do I go?
- How do I get help?
- Who do I talk to if I have a problem?
How does it work?
MomCare helps you get answers to your questions. A caring Maternity Care Advisor (MCA) will be assigned to you. Your MCA will assist you in getting prenatal care and other pregnancy-related services; such as WIC, childbirth education, parenting education, breastfeeding education and more.
How will your Maternity Care Advisor (MCA) help you?
- Explain MomCare
- Help you contact a Choice Counselor for enrollment with a Medicaid Managed Care Plan
- Help you find a doctor or midwife
- Tell you about the Healthy Start Program
- Help you get into the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Program
- Call to see how you are doing
- Help you find a doctor for your baby
- Help if you have special needs